Kitten Socialization Tips
Ideally, your kitten should stay with his or her mother for the first 12 weeks of life. During this time, kittens learn valuable social skills from their mother.
Kittens also learn socialization skills from their siblings. Play is an important part of a kitten's growth. Socializing at a young age is very important for their development. However, some kittens do not have this privilege and are taken too soon or are raised in fearful surroundings.
As a new cat parent there are several things you can do to socialize your kitten.
Ways to Socialize my new kitten
- Essentials for Your New Cat or Kitten
- Cat Health Insurance - Do You Need it? What are your options?
- Pet Travel - Shipping Your Cat
- Five Things You Need to Know About Cat Shows
- Step-by-Step Guide to Building a Cat Tree
- Smart ways for Your Cat to Enjoy the Outdoors
- Cat-Tabulous Cat Rooms
- Ten Things My Cat Taught Me
- Three Cats Ago I was Normal - Debunking Cat Myths